NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF WATER ORTON PARISH COUNCIL
To be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft, at 6:30pm on Thursday 18th May 2023
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend the annual meeting of Water Orton Parish Council to be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft at 6:30pm on Thursday 18th May 2023 at which the following business will be transacted. Any Councillor unable to attend should forward their apologies either to the Clerk or the Chairman.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk.
Kate Clover PSLCC
A G E N D A
1.Election of Chair for the ensuing year: including Declaration of Acceptance of the Office of Chair
2.Appointment of Vice Chair for the ensuing year:
3.Declaration of Acceptance of Office: Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms to be signed before the Clerk for all Councillors.
4. Apologies: To receive and approve reasons for absence
5. Public participation: The meeting to adjourn for up to 15 minutes (maximum of 3 minutes per speaker) to allow for public participation. Residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman. Members of the public wishing to raise issues which are not on the agenda should notify the Clerk, members of the Public may not take part in the Council Meeting itself. You are requested to send your comments to the Clerk by midday on the day of the meeting.
a) Members of the Public & Press
b) Reports from County and District Councillors (for information only) if present:
c) Report from Police representative if present:
6. Declarations of Interest and dispensations: To receive Declarations of Interests and consider grant of dispensations of which written notice has been received by the Clerk.
7. Minutes: To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 27th April 2023 Appendix 1
8. Reports from Chairman and Parish Councillors (for information only):
a) Cllr Robinson – Bowls Pavilion Toilet Rebuild Project update.
b) Cllr Robinson – Village Green (Kingslea Homes) update.
9. Clerk Report: To note the Clerk report Appendix 2
a) To consider new application/s
|PAP/2023/0056||Land At Junction Lichfield Road Watton Lane Water Orton||Battery Energy Storage Site, substation compound, with associated infrastructure, fencing, access off Watton Road, drainage and landscaping|
b) To report decisions on previous planning applications made by NWBC (for information only)
|PAP/2023/0096||144 Coleshill Road
|Single storey rear extension with mono pitched roof and rooflights. Extent of extension will be
rendered to match front of existing property
c) North Warwickshire Playing Pitch Strategy – Parish Council Survey – To discuss the delegation of this task to a Parish Councillor survey closes 19th May Appendix 3
11. Committees, Working Groups and Representation: Appendix 4
a) To review delegation arrangement to committees, sub-committees, and staff
b) To review and adopt the terms of references for any committees
c) To appoint members to existing committees
d) To appoint any new committees in accordance with Standing Order 4 if applicable
e) To review representation on or work with external bodies and arrangements for reporting back
f) To appoint representative/s to the following external bodies:
i. The Thomas Dole Charity
ii. The Board of Governors of Water Orton School
a) To review and adopt Standing Orders Appendix 5a
b) To review and adopt Financial Regulations Appendix 5b
c) To ratify the Code of Conduct adopted in March 2023 Appendix 5c
d) To review and adopt the Scheme of Delegation to the Clerk Appendix 5d
e) To ratify remaining policies which have been reviewed within the past twelve months and approve the review dates set for these in accordance with the document review tracker (APPENDIX 5e) including: review of the Council’s complaints procedure; review of the Council’s policies, procedures and practices in respect of its obligations under freedom of information and data protection legislation (see also standing orders 11, 20 and 21); Review of the Council’s policy for dealing with the press/media; Review of the Council’s employment policies and procedures.
13. General Power of Competence: To consider whether the Council meet the eligibility criteria set out in the (General Power of Competence) (Prescribed Conditions) Order 2012 to exercise the General Power of Competence in accordance with the Localism Act 2011.
14. Review of arrangements (including legal agreements) with other local authorities, not-for-profit bodies and businesses.
a) To review the grounds maintenance contract with NWBC and consider fixed price options
b) To review the contract with Turncock’s for the storage & installation of the Christmas Lights at £3337 per annum for 2023, 2024 & 2025.
c) To review the contracts with Chubb for Fire Protection and Intruder Alarm Servicing
d) To review the contract with Croner for HR services
e) To review the contract with Opus Energy Ltd for electricity at the Pavilion
f) To review the contract with BT for Broadband at the Pavilion
g) To review the contract with Waterplus for Water at the Pavilion
h) To review the subscriptions paid to:
i. West Midlands and Warwickshire Association of Local Councils (including National Association of Local Councils)
ii. Society of Local Council Clerks
iii. Open Spaces Society
- Confirmation of arrangements for insurance cover in respect of all insurable risks
- To approve insurance policy and associated costs from 1st June 2023
b) To note the quarterly operational inspection from NWBC for Openfield Croft
c) To note the monthly play inspection report from Cllr Chown
d) To consider purchase of secure replacement bollards for the current drop-down bollards at the Green
e) To consider additional 3 x replacements panels for Kickball wall at a cost of £1074+VAT (£358 per panel)
f) To consider welding repair to blue swing frame at the Playing Field £75 + VAT
17. Playing Field / Pavilion Hire: To consider whether to allow hire of the playing field / pavilion for youth football teams throughout the summer. Two enquiries received, one team (U9’s) for Sunday mornings from May to end of August and another for Saturday Evenings in June. If allowed Council to consider setting an appropriate pitch fee.
a) To approve the list of regular payments for 2023-24 Appendix 7
b) To approve the payment schedule for May and items paid under delegated authority since the previous schedule. Appendix 8
c) To approve the 2023-24 Accounts and Bank Reconciliation to 12th May 2023. Appendix 9
d) To review the Council’s expenditure incurred under s.137 of the Local Government Act 1972 for 2022/23 – £1,005 Grants.
19. Internal Auditors report for year ending 31st March 2023 and appoint the Internal Auditor for 2023/24: To approve the Internal Auditors Report for 2022/23 and appoint an Internal Auditor for 2023/24. Appendix 10
20. Annual Governance Statement for the year ending 31st March 2023: To answer the following questions (yes, no or n/a) and to approve the governance statement for 2022/23 Appendix 11
*‘Yes’ means that this authority
- We have put in place arrangements for effective financial management during the year, and for the preparation of the accounting statements. *Prepared its accounting statements in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations.
- We maintained an adequate system of internal control including measures designed to prevent and detect fraud and corruption and reviewed its effectiveness. *Made proper arrangements and accepted responsibility for safeguarding the public money and resources in its charge.
- We took all reasonable steps to assure ourselves that there are no matters of actual or potential non-compliance with laws, regulations and Proper Practices that could have a significant financial effect on the ability of this authority to conduct its business or manage its finances. *Has only done what it has the legal power to do and has complied with Proper Practices in doing so.
- We provided proper opportunity during the year for the exercise of electors’ rights in accordance with the requirements of the Accounts and Audit Regulations. *During the year gave all persons interested the opportunity to inspect and ask questions about this authority’s accounts.
- We carried out an assessment of the risks facing this authority and took appropriate steps to manage those risks, including the introduction of internal controls and/or external insurance cover where required. * Considered and documented the financial and other risks it faces and dealt with them properly.
- We maintained throughout the year an adequate and effective system of internal audit of the accounting records and control systems. * Arranged for a competent person, independent of the financial controls and procedures, to give an objective view on whether internal controls meet the needs of this smaller authority.
- We took appropriate action on all matters raised in reports from internal and external audit. * Responded to matters brought to its attention by internal and external audit.
- We considered whether any litigation, liabilities or commitments, events or transactions, occurring either during or after the year-end, have a financial impact on this authority and, where appropriate, have included them in the accounting statements. * Disclosed everything it should have about its business activity during the year including events taking place after the year end if relevant.
- Trust funds including charitable. In our capacity as the sole managing trustee we discharged our accountability responsibilities for the fund(s)/assets, including financial reporting and, if required, independent examination or audit. * Has met all of its responsibilities where, as a body corporate, it is a sole managing trustee of a local trust or trusts
21. Accounting Statements for the year ending 31st March 2023: To approve the Accounting Statements for 2022/23. Appendix 12
22. Details of the arrangements for the exercise of public rights: To note the date of announcement and the period of public rights set by the Clerk / RFO (APPENDIX 13)
23. Update Bank Mandate: To approve the removal of Neil Bevan from the bank mandate and the addition of Ralph Coldrick and Felicitas Freeman to the Unity Trust Bank Mandate.
24. Items for the next meeting: To review the inventory of land and other assets including buildings and office equipment
25. Parish Councillor Public Surgery: To consider trialling a Public Surgery ahead of each Parish Council Meeting in 2023/24 from 6:30pm Appendix 14
26. Date, Time and Place of Parish Council Meetings in 2023/24: To confirm the schedule of Parish Council Meetings for 2023/24.
Thursday 29th June 2023
Thursday 27th July 2023
Thursday 28th September 2023
Thursday 26th October 2023
Thursday 30th November 2023
Thursday 25th January 2024
Thursday 29th February 2024
Thursday 28th March 2024
All meetings to be held at 7:15pm at The Playing Field Pavilion, Openfield Croft