NOTICE OF A MEETING OF WATER ORTON PARISH COUNCIL
To be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft, at 7:00pm on Thursday 27th July 2023
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend a meeting of Water Orton Parish Council to be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft at 7:00pm on Thursday 27th July 2023 at which the following business will be transacted.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk.
Kate Clover PSLCC
A G E N D A
1. Apologies: To receive and approve reasons for absence
2. Reports from Chairman (for information only):
3. Public participation: The meeting to adjourn for up to 15 minutes (maximum of 3 minutes per speaker) to allow for public participation. Residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman. Members of the public wishing to raise issues which are not on the agenda should notify the Clerk, members of the Public may not take part in the Council Meeting itself. You are requested to send your comments to the Clerk by midday on the day of the meeting.
a. Members of the Public & Press
b. Reports from County and District Councillors (for information only) if present:
c. Report from Police representative (for information only) if present:
4. Declarations of Interest and dispensations: To receive Declarations of Interests and consider grant of dispensations of which written notice has been received by the Clerk.
5. Minutes: To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held on 29th June 2023 Appendix 1
6. Reports from Parish Councillors (for information only):
a. To receive a written report from Cllr Freeman following the SMZ meeting on 10/07/23 Appendix 2
7. Clerk Report: To note the Clerk report Appendix 3
a. To consider new application/s
|PAP/2023/0292||3 Digby Crescent
|Double storey extension to side of dwelling and single to rear, with porch to front||Expires 30.07.23|
|PAP/2023/0266||Water Orton Primary School Disused, Attleboro Lane
Water Orton, B46 1SB
|The erection of 59 dwellings, including the restoration and conversion of the former Water Orton Primary School, associated landscaping and access.||Extended to 7th August 2023
(For proposed comments see Appendix 4 )
|PAP/2023/0256||18 Watton Lane
|Erection of single storey rear conservatory with a maximum height of 3.5 metres, a maximum eaves
height of 2.5 metres and extending 6.0 metres beyond the rear wall of the original dwelling
|PAP/2023/0203||International Automotive Components, Highway Point, Gorsey Lane, Coleshill, B46 1JU (Grid Ref: Easting 419208, Northing 291076)||Notification of Prior Approval for the Installation,
Alteration or Replacement of other Solar Photovoltaics
(PV) equipment on the Roofs of Non-domestic
Buildings,up to a Capacity of 1 Megawatt
b. To report decisions on previous planning applications made by NWBC (for information only)
|Reference||Address||Details||WOPC Comments||NWBC Decision|
|PAP/2022/0187||121, Birmingham Road, Water Orton, B46 1TA||Erection of first floor rear extension||None||Granted|
a. To receive the monthly play inspection report from Cllr Chown
b. To consider approval to continue receiving annual independent play inspection reports from the Play Inspection Company via NWBC for the next three years, for the Playing Field and the Green at a cost per site of £49.95 for 2023, £52.45 for 2024 and £55.05 for 2025.
c. To consider Maintenance Report and approve responses Appendix 5
d. To set a time, date & place for a Maintenance Sub-Committee meeting
a. To approve the payment schedule for July and items paid under delegated authority since the previous schedule. Appendix 6a
b. To approve the 2023-24 Accounts and Bank Reconciliation to 20th July 2023. Appendix 6b
c. To receive the Q1 Budget Monitoring Report Appendix 6c
d. To consider whether to renew membership to the Open Spaces Society at a cost of £45 per annum.
e. To set a time, date & place for a Finance Sub-Committee meeting
11. Use of Pavilion Car Park: To consider whether the Pavilion Car Park should be left open for the general use of visitors to the Playing Field to alleviate the demand for on-street parking upon Openfield Croft.
a. To consider adoption of Business Continuity Plan Appendix 7a
b. To review the Risk Management Policy Appendix 7b
13. Items for the next meeting/s:
14. Date, Time and Place of the next Parish Council Meeting: To confirm the next Parish Council Meeting is to be held on Thursday 28th September 2023 at 7pm at The Playing Field Pavilion, Openfield Croft.
15. Closed Session: To consider moving into a closed session and exclude the public and press, in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed for item 16.
16. Staffing Matters (Appendix 8 – Confidential report):
a. To note the Clerk’s resignation.
b. To consider delegation of authority to the Clerk (in conjunction with the Chair) to recruit a locum clerk via LCC or WALC with immediate effect.
c. To appoint a member/s to act as proper officer / responsible financial officer should the recruitment of a locum clerk not be possible within the timescale.
d. To consider the appointment of an external company (LCC or WALC) to conduct a staffing structure review and job evaluation process.
e. To discuss and agree the recruitment & selection process to replace the Clerk.