NOTICE OF A MEETING OF WATER ORTON PARISH COUNCIL
To be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft, at 7:00pm on Thursday 29th June 2023
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend a meeting of Water Orton Parish Council to be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft at 7:00pm on Thursday 29th June 2023 at which the following business will be transacted.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk.
Kate Clover PSLCC
A G E N D A
1. Apologies: To receive and approve reasons for absence
2. Public participation: The meeting to adjourn for up to 15 minutes (maximum of 3 minutes per speaker) to allow for public participation. Residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman. Members of the public wishing to raise issues which are not on the agenda should notify the Clerk, members of the Public may not take part in the Council Meeting itself. You are requested to send your comments to the Clerk by midday on the day of the meeting.
a) Members of the Public & Press
b) Reports from County and District Councillors (for information only) if present:
c) Written report from Police representative Appendix 1
3. Declarations of Interest and dispensations: To receive Declarations of Interests and consider grant of dispensations of which written notice has been received by the Clerk.
4. Minutes: To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held on 18th May 2023 Appendix 2
5. Reports from Chairman and Parish Councillors (for information only):
a) To receive a written event report from Cllr Stuart regarding the King’s Wardrobe Event Appendix 3a
b) To receive a written report from Cllr Rees from the St Thomas’s Dole Charity Meeting in May 2023 Appendix 3b
c) To receive meeting notes from the meeting between the Maintenance Sub-Committee and the Bowls Club Committee on Monday 19th June (any recommendations to be considered under item 18) (APPENDIX 3c – to follow)
6. Clerk Report: To note the Clerk report Appendix 4
a) To consider new application/s
|PAP/2023/0266||Water Orton Primary School Disused, Attleboro Lane
Water Orton, B46 1SB
|The erection of 59 dwellings, including the restoration and conversion of the former Water Orton Primary School, associated landscaping and access.||By 16th July 2023|
|PRE/2023/0077||Coleshill No 3, 4 and 5 Embankments & Surrounding Areas||Request for approval of: Coleshill Manor Cutting, Manor Drive Embankment, Coleshill 3, 4, 5 Embankments & Retaining wall, and Birmingham Spur Diveunder||By 2nd July 2023|
|PAP/2022/0187||121, Birmingham Road, Water Orton, B46 1TA||Erection of first floor rear extension||By 3rd July 2023|
b) To report decisions on previous planning applications made by NWBC (for information only)
|Reference||Address||Details||WOPC Comments||NWBC Decision|
|PAP/2023/0202||18 Maud Road
|Proposed Single Storey Side And Rear Extensions And Revisions To Outbuilding||None||Granted|
|PAP/2023/0160||3 Minworth Road
|Works To Trees In Conservation Area – Pollard Back 3 Lime Trees||None||No objection to works|
|PAP/2023/0153||3 New Road
|Works to tree protected by Tree Preservation Order (713.081/1 – T2) to fell and replace||None||Tree Preservation Order Consent Granted|
c) To consider whether to submit any comments regarding the Nether Whitacre Neighbourhood Plan by 7th July 2023.
d) To consider delegating the task of completing the North Warwickshire Borough Council Open Space Consultation document to the maintenance sub-committee.
8. Committees & Sub Committees Appendix 5
a) To review the delegation arrangements to the Governance Committee
b) To adopt terms of reference for the Governance Committee
c) To adopt terms of reference for the Staffing sub-committee
d) To adopt terms of reference for the Finance sub-committee
e) To adopt terms of reference for the Complaints sub-committee
f) To adopt terms of reference for the Maintenance sub-committee
g) To set a date, time and place for a finance sub-committee meeting
h) To set a date, time and place for a staffing sub-committee meeting
i) To set a date, time and place for a maintenance sub-committee meeting
9. Representations To consider appointing a Parish Council representative to the North Warwickshire Area Committee
a) To receive the monthly play inspection report from Cllr Chown
b) Replacement bollard at the Green – meeting action outstanding consider delegation to sub-committee
c) Purchase of spare shackles, bushes and other spare parts – meeting action outstanding consider delegation to sub-committee.
d) To consider any potential servicing and repair costs following the annual MOT on the Parish Council van.
a) To approve the payment schedule for June and items paid under delegated authority since the previous schedule. Appendix 6a
b) To approve the 2023-24 Accounts and Bank Reconciliation to 22nd June 2023. Appendix 6b
c) To authorise setting up a Direct Debit for payments to HMRC and sign the Direct Debit Form.
d) To consider a transfer of £8,000 from the Bowls Pavilion Toilet Rebuild Project reserve to general reserves.
e) To consider an internal transfer of £30,000 from the Unity Trust Current Account to the Unity Trust Instant Account
12. Use of Pavilion Car Park: To consider request from Water Orton Bowls Club to use the playing field pavilion car park on Sunday 16th July from 12:00-19:00 to allow the Bowls Club to host a cross-county match and provide adequate parking for members and visiting teams.
13. Request for Landowner Consent from Water Orton United: To consider whether to approve the completion of the Landowner Consent Form for Water Orton United to enable them to proceed with a grant application form to HS2 Groundworks Appendix 7
14. Matters arising from the Annual Assembly of the Parish Meeting held on 20th May 2023 Appendix 8:
The Parish Meeting agreed to request that the Parish Council consider the following matters:
- To consider appointing a Parish Council representative to Water Orton Heritage and Culture society or to form a working group made up of Council members and members of the Water Orton Heritage and Culture Society or to form a working partnership with mutually agreed parameters between both parties.
- To ask the Parish Council representative of the North Warwickshire Special Management Zone (SMZ) group to raise the issues with air pollution and the associated respiratory problems with the group, and to feedback any response from HS2 on this issue. To utilise information publicly available in regards to air pollution and to check whether the SMZ Group have already commissioned any additional reports and whether they could help the Parish Council to check whether adequate measures are in place and check that these are being monitored effectively.
- To consider keeping a formal record of suggested amendments to the Neighbourhood Plan and implement a plan for including revisions when appropriate.
- To consider whether the Parish Council should include a standing item on the agenda for suggested amendments to the Neighbourhood Plan
- To consider lobbying NWBC to secure further Tree Preservation Orders in the parish and the extension of the conservation area.
- To consider either providing permission to the Tennis Club to install a ‘beware’ or concealed entrance sign upon Parish Council land. The Tennis Club would also like to request that the Parish Council financially contributes toward any signage.
- To consider requesting Warwickshire County Council provide a further explanation regarding their blanket policy on concealed entrance signs and consider requesting the policy is reviewed.
- To consider cutting back hedges on Vicarage Lane further this summer to improve visibility for road users and pedestrians.
- To consider approaching Rugby Club to request they consider cutting back the hedges on Vicarage Lane belonging to them this summer.
- To consider investigating the possibility of connecting a water supply to the allotment The Parish Council may also wish to consider funding a green bin collection from NWBC for the allotment site and consider an allotment rent freeze for 2023/24 to 2024/25.
- To consider lobbying the County Council regarding the uneven land and parked cars outside the Vicarage Lane gate to the Playing Field and ask them to work towards making this land accessible.
- To consider raising the safety issues regarding the triangle on the Coleshill Road formally with the County Council, requesting that they re-consider the layout of the triangle on the Coleshill Road and investigate the possibility of introducing a roundabout or any alternative safety measures for this area; including considering whether to revise their policy in relation to safety mirrors.
15. Items for the next meeting: Policies: To adopt Outdoor Hire Agreement and associated procedures (via maintenance sub-committee); Consideration of fees for Outdoor Hire for 2023-24 (via Finance sub-committee) Policy reviews due in July (from Document Review Tracker)
16. Date, Time and Place of the next Parish Council Meeting: To confirm the next Parish Council Meeting is to be held on Thursday 27th July 2023 at 7pm at The Playing Field Pavilion, Openfield Croft.
17. Closed Session: To consider moving into a closed session and exclude the public and press, in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960, where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest in the provision of independent legal advice for items 18-20 and due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed for items 20-21.
18. Conveyancing Matters:
a) To consider approval of the conveyancing fees £450 + VAT (plus land registry fees) to register the Playing Field
b) To consider approval of the conveyancing fees £650 + VAT (plus land registry fees for the registration of the Green
19. Bowls Pavilion Lease:
a) To consider the recommendations from an independent legal adviser regarding the status of the Bowls Pavilion Lease and landlord / tenant responsibilities regarding maintenance and insurance.
b) To receive an update regarding the Bowls Pavilion Toilet, Rebuild Project Costs and the HS2 Groundworks grant claim process. Appendix 9
c) To consider the request from the Bowls Club Committee regarding costs incurred by them for work during the Bowls Pavilion Toilet Re-build project, which they believed formed part of the project (£425.39 for the relocation of the water tank, £134.40 for paint and an estimated £120 for turf for the area in front of the toilet block)
a) To consider whether the complaint, request and / or complainant should be deemed as vexatious as defined in Appendix 1 of the Vexatious Complaints Policy
b) In the event the complaint, request and / or complaint is deemed to be vexatious, the Council need to consider what action to take in line with the Council’s Vexatious Complaints Policy
c) In the event the complaint, request and / or complaint is not deemed to be vexatious, the Council need to consider what action to take under the Complaints policy, whilst ensuring they meet their legal duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of its employees and members.
d) If appropriate, to consider approving the informal response to the complainant drafted by Cllr Stuart
e) If appropriate, to consider referring to the complaints sub-committee, appointing sub-committee members and setting a provisional date/s for a complaint sub-committee meeting (subject to the availability of the complainant)
21. Staffing Matters:
a) To consider whether to refer complaint to the Staffing sub-committee to initiate the disciplinary procedure.
b) To consider an appropriate award of additional hours incurred from January to June, and consideration of payment of 45 hours of TOIL which the Clerk has been unable to realistically take given the current workload.
c) To consider referring staffing issues to the staffing sub-committee for further consideration.