NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF WATER ORTON PARISH COUNCIL
To be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft, at 6:30pm on Thursday 31st August 2023
Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend an extraordinary meeting of Water Orton Parish Council to be held at the Pavilion, Openfield Croft at 6:30pm on Thursday 31st August 2023 at which the following business will be transacted. Any Councillor unable to attend should forward their apologies to myself.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cllr Steve Stuart
Chairman – Water Orton Parish Council
A G E N D A
- Apologies: To receive and approve reasons for absence
- Public participation: The meeting to adjourn for up to 15 minutes (maximum of 3 minutes per speaker) to allow for public participation. Residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman. Members of the public wishing to raise issues which are not on the agenda should notify the chair in his role as acting responsible officer, members of the Public may not take part in the Council Meeting itself. You are requested to send your comments to the Chair by midday on the day of the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest and dispensations: To receive Declarations of Interests and consider grant of dispensations of which written notice has been received by the acting responsible officer.
- Minutes: To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 27th July 2023 (APPENDIX 1)
- To consider applications for the position of Parish Councillor: One application has been received by the time of the calling of this meeting. (APPENDIX 2)
- To consider ratification of the appointment of a Parish Clerk and responsible financial officer: To receive and consider the report and recommendations of the Working Party (APPENDIX 3)
- Date, Time and Place of the next Parish Council Meeting: To confirm the next Parish Council Meeting is to be held on Thursday 28th September 2023 at 7pm at The Playing Field Pavilion, Openfield Croft
- Closed Session: To consider moving into a closed session and exclude the public and press, in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed
Should any confidential information be requested in relation to item 6 on the agenda the council will consider deferring said item for potential discussion in closed session